Soon after, we discovered that the original paper document was a print screen of an email within GMail. We eventually decided it would be easiest to print out the image and physically put the pieces back together.
Using our terrible school printing system, we eventually managed to print the image. Alas, the image that was printed only contained about 3/4ths of the original image.
So, I then put what pieces I had cut up together and looked at the original image for pieces I did not have.
I ended up numbering the pieces of paper that contained the key, which eventually resulted in finding the actual key:
Key is RUCTF_TO_SHRED_IS_NOT_ENOUGH