So, first things first, I opened the image using StegSolve. I saved all 8 frames using the frame browser. I then wrote a python script (using PIL) that XOR'd the images pixel with each other. The output was an image that looked similar to this:
I couldn't find any hidden data within the pixels of the image. I then realized that the frames were using palettes, so the mode for the image in python was labeled as 'P'. I decided to convert each one of the frames to mode 'RGBA' instead, because, originally, when I would get a pixel, it return a single value. This way, I could then XOR each red, green, blue, and alpha value of each frame with each other.
I then modified my current script to XOR each of these 'RGBA' mode frames with each other.
I never checked the alpha channel previously or if the image originally had an alpha channel. So, naturally I then found that there was no difference in the new images alpha channels. I then set all alpha channel values to 255, so I could visually see the image (the XOR results were 0 since there was no difference between the images.)
I also noticed how some red pixels of the newly created XOR'd image were not all 0. I then set any red pixel value that was not 0 to 255 so I could easily view a hidden image if there was one. The resulting image was this:
I immediately though that there was some sort of hidden text within those pixel values that were set. So, I open the image in StegSolve. I checked the red channel for steganography and found the key:
The key is RUCTF_e4dd9f5cee307b322c3a27abe66e3df9
Source code for my script can be found here.